Run it, New Project > Plug-in Project. Apart from trivial choices why does it not have eclipse version bigger than 3.5 ?
Question already asked and answered: Eclipse RCP Plug-in Target Platform.
Next the plugin content - official docs - in particular “Adding API Analysis to the project will enable static analysis of API usage from the new project”.
Next you get at the project templates - I had some difficulty finding them. Choose and template and then - git (TBC)
Links for later:
- How do I set up a test project for a Eclipse plugin project
- Automating unit tests (junit) for Eclipse Plugin development
Tutorials - there are a gazillion out of date tutorials but for e4 see:
- Eclipse4/Tutorials (from the eclipse.org wiki)
- One recommended by VonC in his quoted answer above - http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/2012/05/10/eclipse-4-final-sprint-part-1-the-e4-application-model/
- Creating a Plug-in Project from Luna docs
- Another Eclipse Plugin Tutorial
- Top 10 Mistakes in Eclipse Plugin Development
And messing with eclipse code (I will be blogging on this separately soon):